Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hi. Nice to meet you. Insert random fact.

I've thought long and hard about what my first blog post here should be about.

Sure, I could spend time writing an introduction to this blog, explaining my mission or reasoning behind the creation. Or I could introduce myself in a boring matter, telling you all sorts of unnecessary information.

Instead, I've decided to share an ambition of mine. And it's kind of a weird one: I want arbitrary facts to be used when referencing me. I don't want to be referred to as someone's sister, or girlfriend, or by my profession. I mean, it doesn't bother me, I just think that this plan is much cooler. At lets face it - pretty much half the reason people do anything is because it's cool.

Let me give you some examples:

  • When someone can't remember exactly who I am (perhaps an old classmate), you can say, "Oh, you know Meg - she totally hates when people paint things on their cars like 'Go Tigers!' or 'Happy Sweet Sixteen!'"
  • When Boyfriend is telling someone I haven't met yet about me, he can say, "Well, she's awesome and she's super nice, oh, and she totally doesn't think that Paul McCartney knew he was in The Beatles." (more on this topic later...)
  • When a new employee starts at The Job and someone needs to direct them to me, they can say, "You haven't met Meg yet? She's the one who thinks Muse's 'Supermassive Black Hole' is about a haunted space carnival."

I can see where this might get confusing for people, but I love it. In fact, I love this idea so much that I tried to start a trending topic on twitter #megrumors of these facts for easy reference. So, if you'd like to refer to me, here a few facts that you can use:

  • Meg can't pronounce the word "pistachio"
  • Meg's favourite Futurama character is That Guy
  • Meg wants to mash-up the "Doug" theme with every song - ever (even ones that aren't in 4/4)
  • Meg believes there is a fifty-fifty chance of everything (ie. either she will get hit by a bus or she won't)

I'm sure at some point I will even expound upon each of these facts, but for now, I'll leave you with a picture of me and a giraffe. For the record, I find them majestic.

aren't we both majestic?

1 comment:

  1. For the record, I always describe you to people by telling them you can't say the word "pistachio" and that you always get "mimosa", "samoas", and "samosas" confused. <3 Also, you and that giraffe are disgustingly majestic.

    ReplyDelete