Monday, October 11, 2010

Communism is Just a Red Herring

One time, Boyfriend and I were playing Clue and I said, "It was Sergeant Pepper in the Yellow Submarine with the Revolver." His response was to tell the 3rd player in the game that that was why he loves me. Swoon.

I love the game Clue and I love the 1985 movie staring Tim Curry, Christopher Lloyd, Madeline Kahan, Eline Brennan, and many other talented people. And I have always, always wanted to have a Clue party...


Oh my god, you guys. I have wanted to have one of these for a long time. No, we didn't play Clue and, no, it wasn't a murder mystery party (tho I still want to have one of those at some point complete with costumes and plot and everything). But I did send out invitations and gave everyone a character and we all dressed up.

My team at work over the past year has reduced down to 7 amazing people who accept my craziness and agreed to all show up in costumes to a team dinner – It was probably easier to convince them since I was moving on to a new job 2 weeks later. We mostly based the costumes on the movie and everyone spent a good deal of time trying to line-drop quotes into random conversation. Also, instead of murder weapons I made everyone character cupcakes and then distributed them in these cute gift boxes.

I apologize for the bad pic but there is NO lighting in my dining room :(

Some day, I'll have a much larger scale party of this type with everyone assigned to teams. Or maybe I'll run Bay to Breakers carrying giant Styrofoam weapons? Or maybe I'll rent out an old building and just have flat out murder mystery party. I love all sorts of themed and costume parties, and thought this was a small one, it's defiantly been one of my favourites!

left to right: Prof. Plum, Ms. Scarlett, Wodsworth/Mr. Body, Mrs. Whie, Mr. Green, Mrs. Peacock, Col. Mustard. My friends are the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment