Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentines Day: Mixes and Cupcakes

If you know me, then you know that two of my favourite things are baking and music. And for Valentines day, I went all out with both. Aaaaand you'll know that doing a Valentine's post over a week later is about par for the course for me...

Anyway, for Boyfriend, I decided to make him a themed mix. Well, actually, it started with a vague Oldie's love song theme, but as I started to build it, 3 themes emerged. "Three themes?!" I thought to myself, "I'll have to make a Venn Diagram for something like that!" And I did!

  1. The Beach Boys – Wouldn't It Be Nice
  2. The Zombies – This Will Be Our Year
  3. The Commitments – Try a Little Tenderness
  4. The Rascals – Try a Little Tenderness
  5. The Turtles – Good Lovin'
  6. The Doors – Hello, I Love You
  7. The Rolling Stones – Let's Spend the Night Together
  8. The Kinks – All Day and All of the Night
  9. The Commitments – Treat Her Right
  10. The Crystals – And Then He Kissed Me
  11. The Beatles – In My Life
  12. The Beach Boys – God Only Know
I realize that The Commitments were formed in the 1990s for the amazing movie (check it out if you haven't – it's about Dublin Soul), but they were singing songs from the 1960s, so I figured it counted. Also, feel free to use this mix yourself. It's groovy boss wow.


Polar Bear paws and Bordeaux from See's and crazy unique roses from Boyfriend.

In return, Boyfriend bought me chocolates and flowers and took me to our favourite Sushi restaurant. He wasn't sure what to get me at first and for some reason he's was worried about it...

Me: Don't get me chocolates, I'll get fat.

Boyfriend: OK–

Me: Actually, no. I need you to go to See's and get me Polar Bear Paws. I need Polar Bear Paws.

So, while he was doing that, I made White Chocolate Raspberry cupcakes for work. Here's a preview, and I'll do a recipe post about them later...


No comments:

Post a Comment