Friday, July 8, 2011

Catching up...


One of the reasons that I started this blog was to keep myself in the habit of writing.  And when I'm on top of things, that seems pretty successful.  This isn't to say that the writing is superb or profound in any way, but I'm writing nonetheless, which is something I used to do constantly and I've been missing.  To quote Sugar, I need to write like a motherfucker

Now that the weekend is almost upon us, I hope to catch up with some posts.  Boyfriend and I were just on The Big Island of Hawai'i for a week, as you can see in the photo above (or if you're like me, you can't stop staring at the Domo with a mustache on Boyfriend's shirt – and, yes, he wore that to a Lu'ua because he's a badass).  As the official photographer for this blog, I'm waiting for Boyfriend to pass me the good (good meaning his photos, not mine) pics from the trip so I can do a recap.  So, you've got that to look forward to.

I've also been neglecting because of some weird, random health issues.  I had planned to write a pre-travel post before we left, but I spent the last day here really, really sick with a migraine.  Then on Monday, in the airport on the way home, my mouth started swelling up… Tuesday, I had to have an emergency gum procedure.  They think that I had a cut on my gum and then had a reaction to something and it caused an infection. Delightful, yes?  So, now I have stitches and a lot of mouth pain.  I haven't been a happy camper this week.

Oh, and since I'm being honest, I started re-reading The Lord of the Rings and that's taken up quite a bit of time, too. :)

But all that aside, over the next two weeks, I get to see two of my most favourite people in the world, see the last Harry Potter movie in theaters, celebrate a ton of birthdays, and gear up for my own birthday at the end of the month.  There will be tons of fun here, guys! I just have to get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment