Monday, March 12, 2012

March Photo a Day: Days 1 – 10

Yeah, so I'm slacking on posting again, but I'm keeping up with my photos!  Just think of this as an award for your patience – a whole bunch of pictures at once :)

Day 1: Up
I caught this shot when I was leaving the market.  I've always love skywriters, and these seemed like a great way to kick off a new month of photos! (it's too bad none of the rest have lived up first one so far!)



Day 2: Fruit
I had so many ideas for this and there was fruit around all day, but in the end I nearly forgot to take a picture at all and ended up taking a quick shot of an orange my manager had given me.  It was tasty even if the photo was boring.


Day 3: My Neighbourhood
Another last min/late photo.  I live up in the hills and don't have a typical neighbourhood.  We do have a little block of stores at the bottom of the hill, though.  When I was little they had a pizza place and a movie rental shop where I rented Troop Beverly Hills 800 times – fun fact!


Day 4: Bedside
I don't have a bedside locker or table or anything because my bed fits right between the door into the room and the closet door. I do, however, have a set of drawers filled with accessories and other miscellaneous items, and stacked with the some of the books that I've read since I moved in Nov 2010.  I read a lot.


Day 5: A Smile
This pic was taken by Boyfriend back when we used to work together and had these crazy 7am shifts.  I love this pic of me.  This is a post-yawn smile and eye rub.  I may or may not be about to pound a sugar free Redbull as well.


Day 6: 5pm
My boring but accurate picture of my water bottle and a gluten free bar, for the very exciting task of hydrating and snacking before Bikram.



Day 7: Something I Wore
This was harder than I thought it would be, but only because every other time I've done style photos, Boyfriend always takes them and I wanted to do this myself.  So, here is part of the houndstooth dress and sweater from H&M and my vintage boots that used to belong to my aunt.


Day 8: Window
At my Mom's house there are these amazingly old stained glass windows.  It's just too bad that I waited until dark to take a picture of them, but believe me, they are so pretty!



Day 9: Red
I had actually planned on paining my nails with my favourite colour "Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ" but I ran out of time.  As I was searching for something both interesting and red to take a picture of, my eyes fell on my Harry Potter box set that my wonderful sister, Bear, got me for Christmas a few years ago.  It's all the British editions, so Year 1 is Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. 



Day 10: Loud
This is the opening title to one of my all time favourite movies: Velvet Goldmine.  It's a play on the liner notes to David Bowie's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (which also happens to be one of my favourite albums), that says "To be played at Maximum Volume."

No comments:

Post a Comment