Monday, September 5, 2011

Introducting Dresstember!!

Well, I'm back!  I needed a short break after Awesome August – turns out that committing to write an entry for 30 days without anything really planned was harder than I expected.  My only goal was to post something which was both freeing and limiting as I didn't want to bore anyone with what I had for lunch, so often it was hard to find something interesting to write about.

I also learned that as much fun as the challenge was, I didn't want to put my life on hold just to make sure I posted something, hence the missing 3 days at the end – Vegas was just too distracting!  But having a goal did help me get in the habit.  And so I introduce my new challenge:

Dresstember!!

My friend Di challenged me to wear a dress every day of September and document it.  An excuse to wear nothing but dresses?!  I accept!  I have so much going on this month that the dress challenge just seems to add more excitement to it.  So, we shall see how that goes.

September 1 – 3
Banana Republic is doing this gorgeous Mad Men line right now.  OK, so I've never seen Mad Men, but that doesn't mean I don't LOVE everything in the line.  Especially this lace white dress... but I didn't love it $100+ worth.  So, I bought the $13ish version at Forver21.  I'm rad like that.

The second dress I bought at one of those little shops in downtown Santa Cruz years ago when shopping with Bear.  I asked her if it made me look like a gumdrop (because I usually think I'm fat).  She said no (because she usually tells me the truth about when things make me look fat).  My scarf has giraffes on it because my Bestie gives me wonderful birthday presents.

The third is from Express (and wow, I didn't think I'd wear Forever21 and Express in one week. How odd).  It has 3/4 sleeves and evoked the coveted "You've got a Jackie O. look today" from my co-worker.  But then I got cold and put a H&M blazer over it.  (and yes, to anyone who is reading this that I haven't seen in a few years – I wear blazers now. what up.)

So, now I'm back to trying to get this updated more regularly and perhaps with less randomly blocks of text. Happy Labor Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment