Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Awesome August : Day 10

I had to leave work early today due to a massive migraine and major nausea.  I went home, slept for about 5 hours and then watched a few episodes of Gilmore Girls once the headache went away.  All and all it seemed like waste of day...

But then the package showed up.  It was flat and square and it contained my copy of Harry and the Potters' Live at the New York Public Library LP – on vinyl!  I already have 2 Harry and the Potters 7", but this one is a full length live album.  Between the live recording and the fact that it's on vinyl (and the download code so I can listen to it everywhere!), it's such a fun album.  And it includes one of my favourites, "Phoenix Tears!"

I've been "collecting" records for a long time now, and by collecting I mean I try to get all of my favourites on vinyl as well as lost classics that appear in the Amoeba Records 99¢ bin.  I am one of those people who generally think that albums on vinyl sounds better than other forms.  I don't care if you think I'm pretentious.  Listen to Pet Sounds.  Listen to In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.  Then tell me that there's no difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment