Monday, August 8, 2011

Awesome August : Day 8

For the past few years, I've tried to do something crazy and fun for my birthday.  Two years ago, we had Laser Prom – this involved dressing up in formal wear and playing laser tag.  Last year, it was a Golftail Party – mini-golf in cocktail party clothes.  This year, I wanted to have a karaoke party where everyone had to come dressed as a rock star or a musical character (or embodies a musical lifestyle, as you will see).  This year was Meg's Rock'N'Roll Birthday Bash!

I have this weird obsession with making my friends dress up for my parties.  And I have a special name for people who don't dress up for my themed parties: A Flounder.  This, of course, is taken from Animal House: Flounder is the only one who shows up to the Delta Tau Chi not in a toga!  Luckily for me, none of my friends were Flounders and everyone looked awesome.

I just got these pictures of the night from Boyfriend and I'll let them speak for themselves.  Enjoy and be jealous!

The night started with everyone arriving and lots of oohing and awing over costumes and getting geared up with Flip Cup and Spoons!





Then the Karaoke began.  The rule was you had to sing a song related to your character.
Cher did "If I Could Turn Back Time"
Sandy did "You're the One that I Want"
Wayne & Garth did "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Cassandra did "Ballroom Blitz"
Robin Sparkles did "Let's go to the Mall!"
And there were tons of other awesome songs plus an amazing rendition of "Come Sail Away" complete with interpretive dance.





Everyone seemed to be having a blast...




And then these these guys showed up and broke up the party! Thanks a lot, Yoko.


No comments:

Post a Comment