Sunday, August 14, 2011

Awesome August : Day 14

Food that I can eat without getting sick? It's a wonderful thing. 

So, I've been 100% gluten free for over 6 months.  It is so wonderful to have "normal" stomach aches again – as opposed to the nasty food-poisoning type stomach aches I used to get before I knew what was causing them.  Anyway, as baking has always been one of my passions, I've spent as much time as I can experimenting with gluten free baking.

I love, love, love baking and I like to think that I'm pretty good at it.  However, gluten free baking has presented a new set of challenges to me.  For one, not all recipes are easily adapted.  And finding the right blend of non-wheat flour to match the taste of the rest of the ingredients is tricky.  On top of that, when I do find the right taste, the batter/dough seems to bake differently...

So, today I tried out a Brownie mix that was kindly given to me by my friend Karina (at her own birthday nonetheless!).  I tossed in some extra chocolate, white chocolate, and butterscotch chips for fun.  And now I'll test it out on Boyfriend before I subject it my co-workers tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment